Rafter Y Ranch & Outfitters Trip Planner
Big Game Hunting Details
- All hunts run 4-5 days.
- Plan on arriving the afternoon or evening before your hunt starts, and taking off the morning after your hunt is finished.
- Transportation to and from the Grand Junction Regional Airport can be arranged if you need to be picked up/dropped off.
What To Pack
- Valid Colorado hunting license
- Bow/case/arrows (recommend bringing practice tips and broad heads)
- Rifle with scope/sling/case with 2 boxes of shells
- Orange (hat and vest at least)
- Range finder
- Spotting scope (optional)
- Sharp knife
- Personal toiletry kit
- Extra check/cash for gratuities and Rafter Y merchandise
Buy Your Colorado Hunting License
We require 50% deposit to hold your spot and price for your hunt. Balance of your hunt must be received by April 1st of the year you are to hunt. Cancellations require an advance notice of at least 120 days prior to your hunt date to receive your deposit back. If, for some reason, you have to cancel within the 120 day window, all but 20% of your deposit will be refunded to you.
One non-hunter can be accommodated on all hunts for an additional $1500/5days.
Get Our Latest Prices
You will need to plan for all kinds of weather. Although we do not get a ton of moisture, we do get the occasional afternoon thunderstorm. It is not unusual to have 90 degree days in October and snow in September. Check the weather before heading out.